Re: Typical RPM on Static Ground Test?

Jerry Marstall <jnmarstall@...>

T.O.roll - 2350-2400rpm. Maybe you have too much prop pitch. Jerry

-------- Original message --------
From: "c_geiser@... [Q-LIST]" <Q-LIST@...>
Date: 3/31/19 6:48 PM (GMT-05:00)
To: Q-LIST@...
Subject: [Q-LIST] Typical RPM on Static Ground Test?

Hey everyone,

I am a new owner of a Quickie Q2/Q200 hybrid of sorts.  It has a fuel injected O-200 and I am unsure if it is developing full RPM on takeoff.  On the last takeoff, I got 2,400 RPM and it seemed to climb out slow.  In cruise, it would only get up to 2,500 RPM and I might have seen 2,550 RPM briefly.  On the ground, I am getting 2150 RPM while doing a static ground test.  Compression is excellent, spark plugs are replaced, mag check is fine, all temps seem normal, and fuel pressure is strong.

I am curious what others are getting for RPM's on the ground during a static ground test.  I would also be interested in your normal RPM during takeoff.

Thanks!