Re: Typical RPM on Static Ground Test?

One Sky Dog

Jay,

My perspective comes from most of my airtime in unconventional aerial vehicles. I am also struggling with transition training from a reverse perspective.

I had over 500 hours of airtime and at least 600 dead stick landings and had flown 120 miles without an engine before I walked into a flight school. I walked out with 56 hours logged in a C-150. I had purchased a flying Dragonfly so I thought I should add a tail wheel endorsement and got 10 hrs in a C-140 with 85 hp.

I managed to get an hour of instruction in a Dragonfly with a CFI shooting touch and go’s before 15 hours of taxi time in my plane before first flight. Looking back that was marginal and I had a few landings that were completely wrong and took out a few props.
&
Now with over 1350 hrs of logged airtime. Today I am going for my 7 th lesson in my new airplane and hope to figure out the 3 point landings in it. It is a beast a highly STC’ed back country Super Pacer 180 hp with controllable propeller that likes to bounce unless set down just right.
I will be returning to my hangar at OGD to continue rebuilding my Dragonfly this summer. I am planning on going to the big Oshkosh event this year camping in Scholler area.

Regards,

Charlie

On Apr 5, 2019, at 4:03 PM, 'Jay Scheevel SGT' jay@... [Q-LIST] <Q-LIST@...> wrote:

Interesting way to look at it Charlie. Does that mean that I am in a “conventional” taildragger, with a tundra tailwheel, the engine mounted on the tail, AND flying it backwards while looking out the rear window, YIKES!  That’s just what I needed.