Re: Flight Video's

One Sky Dog

VG’s work!!! Before I could sense moisture by the stick before mist on the canopy. Standing Puddles would form ahead of the elevator as you get the sinking feeling. With VG’s mist and light rain no problem fine droplets running back no puddles no stick feel.

I think but have not tried just the inside third of the wing might stop the separation bubble from forming at the root and creeping out the elevator.

Charlie

On Jul 1, 2019, at 5:39 PM, logistics_engineering@... [Q-LIST] <Q-LIST@...> wrote:

Your plane had a RevMaster first. (Never ever flew that way).

Mark’s first venture into moisture/rain with GU was interesting. He was in front, we saw a large cloud ahead and headed for it. He started a gradual decent later full stick back, still no joy!  This started about 3 miles from the cloud. As soon as we passed to  the other side, his control returned. He returned and quickly designed 8 vg’s, 4 on either side. He pincil whipped it and declared all was well! (Mark is a uniquely and talented individual).

We flew in this config and saw dramatic improvement in weather.  He later flew the Q out of Truckee for a couple of years before selling it to Martin, a really nice fella.

Jim
N46JP - Q200

Posted by: logistics_engineering@...

<*> Your email settings: