Re: Flight report

Kevin Boddicker

Mike,
Sam’s friend C Rod is a carb guru. Maybe contact Sam about this. I think C Rod used to monitor the list. Not sure of his current status.
I have a manual and other info here, but no scanner. New printer, no scanner.
Let me know if you need any info reproduced. I can do it at work.
Kevin

On Jul 4, 2019, at 11:19 AM, q2pilot@... [Q-LIST] <Q-LIST@...> wrote:

Hi Kevin,

I don't think those compression numbers mean much.  I've seen engines fly well with 20/80 compression's!  You might have been having valves sticking or something else going on.

I put new millenniums on this year also.  My reason was I was getting 2 hours to the quart...lots of ring blowby.  Oil on the belly.    After install, I flew 10 hours at redline and 1000' pressure altitude to break it in.  Open up your airflow and redline the engine!  Try to minimize taxi time.  I now have about 30 hours and in the last 5 I can't detect any oil consumption and no oil leaking now (suspect reduced crankcase pressure).

I'm still fighting with a MA3SPA that is running way to rich at idle.  Fowling my plugs on landing approach and taxi even tho I got it leaned out like crazy.  In flight the carb works fine.  I use auto gas and that fowls plugs way worse than 100LL.  But still, I want to get working so if there are any carb experts out there, help!

Fly Safe.
Mike N3QP Q200