Re: Alt Field Circuit Breaker Popping

Rick Hole

I often take it on the master solenoid or on the panel cig lighter. If those are inconvenient try the battery + post as long as the master switch is on

Sonia and Rick Hole
Email: r.hole@...

On Jul 29, 2019, at 2:34 PM, Corbin Geiser c_geiser@... [Q-LIST] <Q-LIST@...> wrote:

This sounds easy to test.....where on bus should I test voltage from?  I am not familiar with working with the bus.  Do I just place the probe anywhere on a good contact along bus?

Corbin Ge!ser

On July 29, 2019 at 2:50 PM, "'Rick Hole' r.hole@... [Q-LIST]" <Q-LIST@...> wrote:

The easiest test for a functioning alternator is to read the voltage on the 12V bus.  The battery without alternator will be 12.6 volts or less.  A functioning alternator will show more than 12.6 volts.  Normally the voltage regulator will adjust the field current to produce 13.8v with an automotive regulator and possibly as high as 14.4v with an aircraft regulator.

The engine must be running for the alternator to produce power, and may not produce full power at less than about 1600 RPMs.

Rick Hole