Re: Brake Bleed Methods

Mike Dwyer

If your brake system uses the red stuff... Use MIL-PRF-83282 Fluid.  It has a higher flashpoint than the normal red stuff.  The automotive red hydraulic fluid flashes into fire at quite a low temp.

On my Q200 it's a bitch to get the last little air out.  I've pumped from the caliper and also from the master.  Seems there is always a bit of air in there.  But weirdly enough after some time, the air goes away.  I don't get it but am not going to worry about why!

I like Sams filler for the master but I use this for pumping from the caliper.

Fly Safe,
Mike N3QP Q200