Re: Brake Bleed Methods

Matthew Curcio

I have had the most like just going to home depot and buying a little tube that will fit snugly over the bleeder. Run that up a foot or two and then into a cup than crack the bleeder and go. You can bleed by yourself and you see when all of the air is out. Just pump slowly and hold a little bit at the end of each stroke before releasing to let the bubbles rise a little bit in the line. It's by far the simplest way to bleed if you ask me.

I have a pressure bottle for reverse bleeding but for some reason it always seems to en-train tiny bubbles of air in the fluid that coalesces in the break lines.

From: Q-LIST@... on behalf of Corbin Geiser c_geiser@... [Q-LIST]
Sent: Friday, August 16, 2019 9:26 AM
To: Q-LIST@...
Subject: Re: [Q-LIST] Brake Bleed Methods

Thanks Richard.  I think I will try this method again today.  I would love to get a fitting like Jerry and connect to the reservoir to collect overflow.  Maybe I can determine that size today and get it done.

Corbin Ge!ser

On August 16, 2019 at 8:16 AM, "fastlittleairplanes@... [Q-LIST]" wrote:

We use one of those old timey hand pump oil cans and attach it to the bleeder at the caliper. By back filling the system it only takes one person to do it and will push out any air in the system. If your holding tank is full you will need to pull fluid out so not to make a mess on the back fill. We learned this method after fighting for 2 days to get a dual toe brakes PA28-140 system to work. Does work will all normal GA brake systems do make sure the park brake is not on.

Richard