Re: Short Q200 Flight video

Jim Patillo

I second that Mike. Bernie Warnke made beautiful fast wood props, 32 laminations if I remember correctly. I had a 60/66 Warnke which I overstressed and is now hanging on the pool room wall but it was smooth and had great climb and cruise. I could turn that prop 3200 rpm at sea level.

I’ve run a 60/72 Catto Prop with leading edge protection for a long time now and have had good results. It is a excellent all around prop.

Since the Catto is pitched a little different than the Warnke, the Catto will absorb more HP. As a result, max rpm at sea level drops to 2950-3,000 rpm WOT.

Regards,
Jim
N46JP-Q200