Climb performance N8WQ follow-up

Jay Scheevel

Gathered some slower speed data this morning. With full power I cannot hold steady airspeed below 75 mph IAS, or maybe I was just in some turbulent air, could really not tell.

Anyway, steady at 75 mph, full power, the deck angle is at 14 degrees!

I got sufficient data to complete the chart and do the standard graphical construction for Vx and Vy. Here is the result. Computing climb angle also confirms Vx at 80 mph.

All climbs were trimmed to neutral stick using the reflexor. This usually leaves the elevator very slightly trailing edge up when fully trimmed.