Re: Autopilot

Jim Patillo

Mike,

I have a belly board/speed brake and use it for landings. This allows me to put added pressure on the tailwheel during roll out.

I also have and use an aileron reflexor but mostly for landing. I use it to balance loads in flight for heavy aft loading conditions. In my opinion the reflexor was designed as a band aid for wings that were out of spec/angle of incidence. I don't fly with full reflexor in flight under any conditions, that seems kind of odd.

 It is true that you can pick up a couple of miles per hour by reflexing the ailerons up and trimming the elevators down.

Jim Patillo
N46JP - Q200