Re: New Carbon Spar Manufacturing ???

Richard Kaczmarek 3RD

We use to make the spars after the company donw under in Australia quit making them and quickly realized why they did. In the 5 years we did make them we only had 5 request and out of that we only made 2 sets. The cost to makes them and cover our time was just shy of 5k. If you were lucky enough to find a shop to do the tapered tube the setup and production of any less than 10 I would imagine the cost would be somewhere between 9 and 10k. Even at the cost we had offered them for no one wanted to spend that kind of money on a kit that others were and still are offering under 20k and flying. Just my 2 cents which won't even get you a piece of gum these days.

Richard