Re: Uavonix ADSB

Jay Scheevel

Hi Jim,

I mounted my antenna on an 8" aluminum plate (adsb-out only 1090), aft of the FS 120 bulkhead stuck to the side wall in the proper orientation. I did the full blown FAA flight performance summary a couple of times, and it had no underperformance flags. I chose to keep it back farther so it would not have to try to broadcast through my body. I have the Dynon SkyView 2020 compliant transponder.

"logistics_engineering@... [Q-LIST]" <Q-LIST@...> wrote:

Thanks for the input Paul. As you know a metal airplane is a ground plane. Plastics are a little different. I spoke with the engineer who designed the Uavonics equipment. He said they would like 3’ between antennas but 2’ works almost as well. I plan on mounting everything on the ground plane high in the baggage compartment. I’ll let you know how it all turns out.

It’s good to hear from you. I hope your feeling a lot better now.

Best,
Jim
N46JP-Q200