Re: Uavonix ADSB

Jim Patillo

Hey Jay,

Thanks for the input.

I think I’ve come up with an option for the antenna. Kevin down in Florida has the Uavonix setup like mine installed using an electronic antenna which doesn’t require any ground plane. His setup has been tested & flown and works perfectly. The antenna blade is about 1/4”Tx4”Lx1”H for the B&C Connector. Unit is sold by AC Spruce for $98.00.

So I will Velcro the EchoUAT (2x2”) on a bulkhead, double back tape the electronic antenna to the floor of the baggage area and mount the GPS/FX transmitter and antenna (2x3”white hockey puck) high in the baggage area facing up. I’ll then run power from the avionics switch (with inline fuse) so it shuts off power when the plane is shut down.

Jim
N46JP - Q200