From: russellaustin@... [Q-LIST]
Sent: Wednesday, September 25, 2019 12:43 PM
To: Q-LIST@...
Subject: [Q-LIST] Introduction

Good morning everyone, my name is Russell and I am proud owner of a Dragonfly Mk I. *dodges thrown tomatoes*

N52MT and I have enjoyed each other’s company for the past year. She is equipped with a Great Plains 1835 engine and is equipped for VFR flight. She is a bit portly at 780#, but that’s okay because I know big girls need love too.

I recently attended FOD for the very first time and met the most welcoming, knowledgeable, and fun-loving group I have ever come across. Thank you for allowing me into your close-knit circle. I am truly in awe.

Thanks to Bruce Crain, I got a ride in my very first Q-bird. He has one very polished airplane. It was a treat, and I started searching for an O-200 as soon as I got home.

For anyone who hasn’t been or is on the fence about going, I implore you to make the trek to the middle of the country to visit with these fine folks. This year’s event went extremely smoothly thanks to the efforts of Bruce, Joanne, Imraan and Rachel.

Thanks for opening the group to me. I look forward to being a very passive member in the years to come. ;)

Russell Austin
N52MT