Re: Quickie Q200 Video for Those Interested

Martin Skiby

The current prop probably is in the 7-10 lb range.  So you will be doubling. Just do a new w/b and add necessary weight in the tail.  I guess you will be adding 50+ pounds.

But hey it’s worth a try.

Martin

On Dec 13, 2019, at 3:15 PM, Rik W via Groups.Io <my_name_is_rik@...> wrote:

I was thinking more along the lines of a IVOPROP.  Magnum 2 blade electric in flight adjust is $3080 and weighs 24.2 lbs. I have no idea as to what a prop your using now weighs.

Could it aid in top speed?

Reply To: My_Name_is_Rik@...

On Friday, December 13, 2019, 12:41:35 PM PST, Bruce Crain <jcrain2@...> wrote:

I have an MT Propeller and really like flying with it.  It is heavier than a wood prop so there is a trade off.  It really helps with fuel burn if you want to oversquare Manifold pressure and lower rpms.  It also has been a great help with high mountain altitude airport take off's.  I can dial in 2700 rpm for take off which helps a bunch.  I also don't have to keep torquing the wood prop hub as the MT is metal.  If you build a really light weight Q200 it would be a great help with all of these respects.  There is a trade off for extra weight though.
Bruce Crain