Re: Considering Very First Composite Project - Guid

Jay Scheevel

That was the original intent of that project, but Corbin is going to be doing a mod on his cowl to install a landing light, so will be mostly glass, probably with little or no foam, so the confidence project may be overkill. It would be a good practice project, nonetheless.

From: main@Q-List.groups.io <main@Q-List.groups.io> On Behalf Of John Hoxie via Groups.Io
Sent: Monday, January 20, 2020 5:49 PM
To: main@Q-List.groups.io
Subject: Re: [Q-List] Considering Very First Composite Project - Guid

Jay,

Would the plan's confidence project be good for practice.

On Mon, Jan 20, 2020 at 5:43 PM, Jay Scheevel

<jay@...> wrote:

Just uploaded a document that you should read to familiarize yourself with composite construction, prior to starting your work. Folks here can help you with the specifics of materials you will want to order (usually from Aircraft Spruce).

Here is the link for the document I loaded https://q-list.groups.io/g/main/files/Composite%20materials%20education/RAF_composite_education_section_from_Q2Plans.pdf

Once people have a chance to chime in, you can start designing your install and build using techniques in the above document. If you don’t get any suggestions for installations, I will chime in and tell you what I would do.

Cheers,

Jay N8WQ