Hey Jim,

Mine is not actually for night flying.  It is for increased visibility at the uncontrolled field I fly into.  We have many student pilots that have trouble seeing me on final.  I have had two helicopters also have trouble spotting me.

Corbin

On January 21, 2020 at 10:28 AM, Jim Patillo <Logistics_engineering@...> wrote:

It would be nice to hear from guys that actually installed a landing light on their Q and if they really got benefit from it.

I’ve never had one on my Q and have landed it many times in the dark., never saw a need. We were taught to land with no lights .......... just in case.

Jim
N46JP - Q200

Sent from Outer Space

From: main@Q-List.groups.io <main@Q-List.groups.io> on behalf of Corbin via Groups.Io <c_geiser@...>
Sent: Tuesday, January 21, 2020 7:33:36 AM
To: main@q-list.groups.io <main@q-list.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [Q-List] Considering Very First Composite Project - Guidance Appreciated

Thanks guys!  I’m starting to think this is doable and within reason.  I’ll start with practicing on hearing/bending plexiglass while designing a hole to cut in lower cowling.

I have the light and mount already.

Corbin

On Jan 21, 2020, at 8:19 AM, Jay Scheevel <jay@...> wrote:

Following Sam's plan, you can shape the Plexiglas to a compound curve, matching that of your cowl cutout by using a heat gun and gentle pressure with your hands (where leather gloves). Once you have it shaped, you can trim it to the shape of the hole. You may want to lay up a lip around the hole, if you want the plex to bond flush to the cowl, or just bond the plex to the inside of the cowling, in front of the light.

Corbin
N33QR

--

Corbin