Re: First air-to-air shots of N8WQ

One Sky Dog

Nylaflow ages poorly. Nylon requires a small amount of water in the matrix. We had to soak injected molded nylon structural parts in 190 F water for 24 hrs after injecting at 600 F. I believe the water slowly disperses by evaporation over time and heat exposure reducing flexibility.

I converted to stainless steel 1/8” lines with flexible SS braided Teflon lined swaged fittings in 2006. No leaks firmer brakes. Steel is real no fatigue.

Regards,

On Feb 10, 2020, at 6:17 AM, Mike Dwyer <q200pilot@...> wrote:

That raises a question.  Has any Tail Dagger Q had a nylaflow failure?  The nose wheel versions can really stand on the brakes so the Tri-Q might benifit from better brake line.

Mike Q200 N3QP

On Mon, Feb 10, 2020, 01:46 Jim Patillo <Logistics_engineering@...> wrote:

Thanks Jay,

I’ll let Ray know you’re thinking about him.

I plan on using AN2 S/S braided Teflon, 3,000 psi. Do you see any issues running AN2 full length from caliper to brake cylinders on rudder pedals, other than the difference in weight? Just curious.

Jim

N46JP Q200