I'm flying as well

Sam Hoskins

I may as well post a bit myself. Last fall I replaced my #1 cylinder (I recently wrote about it here). The wife and I took a couple of months off in the Winnebago and recently got back into town. At this point I'm still breaking in the cylinder, so I'm not traveling very far. This past Thursday I got another 1.4 hours flying in circles around southern Illinois and it ran smoothly.

One funny thing, KMDH is the 4th busiest airport in the state with 250 operations a day, because of all the student flight training. The tower is very professional and contribute greatly to the flight students learning how to properly interact with ATC. Because of the air races I have hosted, it turns out I am now on a first name basis with one of the controllers.

"Southern ground, Quickie 202 Sierra Hotel at the T-hangers with taxi Foxtrot, west departure".
"Quickie 202 Sierra Hotel, how you doing Sam?"
"Good Larry How about yourself?"

later

"Quickie 202 Sierra Hotel ready at 36L".
"Quickie 202 Sierra Hotel, cleared for departure.  Have a good trip, Buddy".

Makes me smile.