Re: Jerry come lately

John Hoxie

All,
To get back into flying with confidence, I bought a couple Kasperwing ultralights. I didn't realize until I drove 1600 miles to pick them up, that they are going to take some work. I got a corner of a large hangar for them. One cage on floats. A lot of canyons around here to explore and a lake & river my sister has a place onin North Idaho. Been going there nearly every summer my whole life hoping to fly it some day. In the process, I bought an enclosed trailer that my Q2 with engine off will fit into. Kwings fit also. I need to make a dolly to fit the Q2 at the right attitude for the trailer. Note the bent header ram-air tube. Happwned tears ago turning the plane over for first time after installing the tube. Anyone know the easiest way to c

hange it?

On Mon, Mar 9, 2020 at 2:23 PM, Jerry Gmail
<jerrylm1986@...> wrote:
I did. Interviewed 3 people who used it. None of them successful after 3 years. Wound up getting replacements. Another downer, insurance doesn't cover.

On Mon, Mar 9, 2020, 3:38 PM albert jolliffe <ajolliffe50@...> wrote:
You should have looked into stem cell implant .friend of mine had it worked good although it took 9 months to compleat .

On Mar 8, 2020, at 5:50 PM, Mike Dwyer <q200pilot@...> wrote:

Good report Jerry.  Reminds me that we are getting old!
Not much from me lately as they are repaving a couple of runways at our airport and it's a terrible mess... So I bought a fixer upper boat!
Never learn!
Mike Dwyer

YouTube Videos: https://goo.gl/yKEHfK
Q200 Website: http://goo.gl/V8IrJF

On Sun, Mar 8, 2020 at 5:18 PM Jerry Marstall <jnmarstall@...> wrote:

I am slow on the trigger, but today I experienced my first flight of the year.  There are legitimate reasons – so I believe.

June 19, 2019, I had my left knee replaced.  That grounded me for tooooo long.  I did get a chance to fly twice at the end of October before having my right knee replaced on November 4.  That likewise kept me out of the air until today.  Actually, I could have flown a little earlier, but in between the two knee surgeries I somehow came up with a hernia.  That delayed my flying for another 4 weeks.  Not so much that I couldn’t fly during the hernia recovery, the doctor was concerned about the force required to push the tail down and spin the plane around to then push it uphill out of the hangar.  Guess I should not have described that part to him.

Fortunately, Nancy took me for a couple of rides over the last two weeks to familiarize me with the art of flying.  Today was the perfect day.  CAVU and calm.  As in the past, I found that muscle memory carried me through the flying maneuvers, but I really lose familiarity with the cockpit.

I know what I want to look at, but I can’t seem to find it on the instrument panel.  No matter how much broomstick flying I do in the cockpit before a flight after a long layoff, I still have trouble finding the instrument I want to scan.  I know it isn’t old-age because I have always had this problem.  Fortunately, after a few minutes in the air, the instruments seem to relocate themselves to where I remember them being.

Anyway, I had my first flight of 2020 and it quickly reminded me of why we love this little airplane so much.  Worth every minute of construction time required to get one completed (if they ever are REALLY completed) and airborne.  For those still building, DON”T STOP.  Doing so will only cause you great lament in the future.

Wishing you all a great flying season.  Hope we can all get to Spring Fling and Field of Dreams!!

Jerry Marstall

Asheville, NC

Tri-Q200

900 hrs.