From: main@Q-List.groups.io <main@Q-List.groups.io> On Behalf Of Mike Dwyer
Sent: Tuesday, March 10, 2020 11:15 AM
To: main@q-list.groups.io
Subject: Re: [Q-List] Q2 to to Q200

Jay,

My buddy has a 3300 on his Aeron Lightning.  He sets his cruise by Fuel flow.  At full power he sees like 12 GPH but sets his cruise to 5 GPH.  It appears this engine runs really rich mixtures at higher power.  He has carbs and no mixture control.  Is yours like that?

Fly Safe,

Mike Dwyer

YouTube Videos: https://goo.gl/yKEHfK

Q200 Website: http://goo.gl/V8IrJF

On Tue, Mar 10, 2020 at 10:22 AM Jay Scheevel <jay@...> wrote:

There have been several Jabiru 3300 engines installed in quickies. Two successfully completed and flown in the US that I am aware of. One is mine, the other was Paul Spackman’s he has since sold his, but I think he put close to 1000 hours on it and he had the GU canard. I have less than 100 on mine, so far. The J3300 engine engine weighs 185 pounds and is 120 hp at sea level at 3300 rpm. It is happier running at a lower rpm’s so think of it as an O-200 equivalent (same power at the same rpm’s as the O-200). The newest version of the Jab (Gen4) has been quite reliable with a change to all aluminum cylinder assemblies (nikosil lined).

Also, Richard K would be happy to sell you a UL engine.