Re: TriQ N8WQ climb performance

Jay Scheevel

That is why I plotted climb rate vs. density altitude. I have an EFIS that gives me a constant readout of density altitude.

From: main@Q-List.groups.io <main@Q-List.groups.io> On Behalf Of Peter Le Lievre
Sent: Friday, March 13, 2020 10:21 AM
To: main@Q-List.groups.io
Subject: Re: [Q-List] TriQ N8WQ climb performance

Service ceiling also needs to factor the density altitude(DA). Standard pressure/temperature is needed. At 14K this is 9F.
If a -20F cold day (we are winter now) then you will climb higher. Not possible in summer (+20F).

Unless you are turbocharged, and even then the critical altitude of most turbos becomes a significant factor in the teens. However N/A engines are affected greatly by changes in DA.