Re: Sparrow strainer stall

One Sky Dog

Bruce,

I have sparrow strainers outboard and added one inboard when my incidence was wrong. I do not fully understand when this is happening to your plane. Is this while you are rolling the plane? I have never rolled a plane and Dragonflies are reported to be poor rollers so I have zero experience in that attitude.

I have lost sparrow strainers in flight which would be equivalent to a fully stalled sparrow strainers in no assistance in keeping the elevators down and loaded. Without a sparrow strainer the elevators raise and the nose goes down requiring constant back pressure on the stick.

Please reiterate when this phenomenon occurs I am missing something.

On Mar 19, 2020, at 7:33 PM, Bruce Crain <jcrain2@...> wrote:

I believe DFly's have outboard maybe.  Charlie can you back me up on that?  Or maybe no one else has actually pulled up and unloaded their Quickie to the extent that I have.