Re: Transfer Pump "Clicking"

Corbin

Thanks guys!  I’ll check for an air leak but I’m not completely sure where I’d see that.  Any tips?

Corbin

On Mar 21, 2020, at 6:49 AM, Mike Dwyer <q200pilot@...> wrote:

The facet pumps make a hell of a racket when they run dry.  Could you have an air leak somewhere that's leaking air into the pump.  Do you have a squeeze bulb in parralel?  I've had a squeeze bulb go bad and one time at high altitude the facet pump was not keeping up with my fuel needs but when I got down to 3000 feet then it was ok.  If your pump is noisy then I'd look at pulling it.  Some auto parts stores carry them.
Mike Q200 N3QP

On Fri, Mar 20, 2020, 21:10 Corbin via Groups.Io <c_geiser=icloud.com@groups.io> wrote:
Today, my transfer pump was making a clicking sound from startup to shutdown.  It seemed as though it was pumping into the header tank just fine though as fuel was passing back down through the overflow tube from header back to main.  The sound was similar to when the pump starts to run dry but maybe a bit louder.  Is this a sign that pump could be failing?  I had about 12 gallons in the main tank so it was nowhere near running dry?

Corbin Ge!ser

--

Corbin
N33QR