Re: Oil leak - Cylinder Base

Sam Hoskins

Jim, also try posting on the https://smallcontinentalengines.groups.io/g/main

Silk thread under the through bolts? I dunno. That sounds like the kind of thing that could cause an issue with maintaining proper torque and lead to the loss of a cylinder.

Maybe Harry Fenton will see it and comment.

On Sat, Mar 21, 2020, 11:57 AM Jim Patillo <Logistics_engineering@...> wrote:

Hey Bruce,

I also have an oil leak I’ve been putting off fixing on #2 and #3 cylinders. I think it’s the thru bolts leaking.
I’ve heard that the leak can be stopped by pulling the cylinder away, pushing the thru bolt out a little, wrapping silk thread around the bolt shaft, pushing back in place  and reinstalling the cylinder.

Please let me know what you found and how you repaired it.

Regards,
Jim
N46JP - Q200