Re: FW: Video Filmed With Drones Inside The National Museum of the U.S. Air Force

Rick Hole

That's amazing.  I assume it was filmed at a slower speed.  Lots of needle-threading!  I haven't seen the museum since the 80s; it has grown a lot!
Rick Hole

On Wed, Apr 1, 2020 at 9:05 AM Jerry Marstall <jnmarstall@...> wrote:

Subject: FW: Video Filmed With Drones Inside The National Museum of the U.S. Air Force

This is an outstanding video.  Having personally been to this museum made it even more special for me.  I hope you enjoy  it too.

               Video Filmed With Drones Inside The National Museum of the U.S. Air Force.

Screenshot of the drone video filmed inside USAF Museum at WPAFB. (Image credit: Nurk FPV)

Stunning videography. Amazing subjects. Impressive editing. Incredible flying skills.

Located at Wright-Patterson Air Force Base, some six miles to the northeast of Dayton, Ohio, the National Museum of the United States Air Force, the official museum of the USAF, is a must see for every aviation enthusiast:  with more than 350 aircraft and missiles on display, it’s the oldest and largest military aviation museum in the world.  You can find the Boeing B-17F Memphis Belle, several Presidential aircraft, including the Boeing 707 known as a VC-137C; the Apollo 15 Command Module Endeavour; the only surviving XB-70 Valkyrie; the F-117 Nighthawk and many, many others. In fact, the Museum hosts some of the world’s most iconic and rare American aircraft, and also some foreign aircraft, and for this reason it attracts about a million visitors each year.

However, no one has probably seen it through the birds eye view of a drone.

The video below is just fantastic. Filmed by Paul Nurkkala (NURK FPV) with DJI drones and GoPro cameras, it provides the most amazing way to explore the collection of Dayton Museum.

BTW, at 04:40 the drone hit a cable, but fortunately the incident did not harm the Cinewhoop drone, nor any aircraft.