Re: Plans Shrinkage

Bruce Crain

I think Norm Howell May have over sized his cores and then sanded them down to size but that may be a rumor.  As for the ones that were to small perhaps the hot wire was to hot or was pulled along to slow.
Just my 2 cents worth.
Bruce

On Mar 31, 2020, at 2:39 PM, dustinlanell@... wrote:

Is there a reference length to confirm shrinkage of appendix W-6? The previous builder's templates are all consistently larger than what is drawn. Also, if I'm off just a little (airfoils are a hair over or under size) can the core be slid up or down the tapered carbon spar until it fits correctly?

Or, should I work on other stuff and wait for the new airfoils to be published? 😁😀😁
<WP_20200331_15_37_16_Pro.jpg>

Dustin