Re: Plans Shrinkage

Jay Scheevel

My thinking is that amount of difference will be insignificant. The fact that it matches the spar is a plus. The difference will be even less because of a little melt back from the hot wire as Bruce mentioned.

dustinlanell@... wrote:

Checked BL-0 and BL-100 and compared to plans. Both are 1.5% longer in length. That's 3/16" longer @C.L.  and 1/8" on the tip template. This measured from the front of spar to LE along the level line. The spar radius seems to match perfectly...even tried the templates on the spar at their respective places. They seem to fit.
Bruce, I haven't cut the cores yet.

Dustin