Re: Socially Isolated Flight Report - I guess the hard way.

Bruce Crain

Was that at Mach .07?  Hope this post finds you well and blessed Charlie!
Bruce

On Apr 4, 2020, at 10:51 AM, One Sky Dog via groups.io <Oneskydog@...> wrote:

Hello all,

I practiced awaiting for two hours yesterday, touch and go at Tombstone (graveyard airport one hanger and one the wind destroyed). Surveyed some of the southern border no bollard fence yet by Bisby. Back to E95 before the wind picked up.

One Sky Dog

On Apr 1, 2020, at 8:03 PM, Bruce Crain <jcrain2@...> wrote:

Good on ya Sammy!!  And probably at Mach .3 or so!!!
Bruce

On Apr 1, 2020, at 2:28 PM, Sam Hoskins <sam.hoskins@...> wrote:

Last week I pushed the Q-200 out and did an hour of burning gas and flying around in circles.  It felt good, but my return entrance to the pattern sucked.  Today was too nice to pass up and I pushed my Fiberglass Bitch out into the daylight.  I hopped over to Marion, KMWA for pattern work, touch and goes.Their runway is 8,000 x 150, so I figured I was fairly safe.

I did 10 T&Gs. I can not remember the last time I did that many.  And I have to say, I don't think the last one was any better than the first. There's a lot to keep track of for this old fart..  Fuel management, elevator trim, reflexor, speed brake, speed, speed, speed etc., etc.

I wish I had an instructor next to me yelling at me to watch my altitude on the downwind (too high), watch my speed across the numbers (way too fast), Watch speed on the base (way to fast). Stay in closer to the runway (exacerbated by being too fast). You're too low on the final, dragging it in.

Whew!

It took almost an hour to do all 10, but I can say to myself "Thanks, I needed that".

Sam