QuIckie Q2 Project

Eugen Pilarski

Hello Quckie Group,

thank you very much for the add. I'm on my way to build an ASSO X-Ray based on the construction of Guiseppe Vidor. Please find some impression on my Flickr site: https://www.flickr.com/photos/aerobase/  The Airplane ist build up with Hemlock wood and is an 2 Seat side-by-side configuration they will power up with an BMW 1200 LC motorcycle engine with about 120hp. An engine that is use very often here in Europe mostly in Trike segment.

For the build i use a DIY CNC Mill with 3 axis with CAD/CAM and on the way is an DIY 5 axis cnc mill to build my own molds, just an example please follow the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=koDYJIUCDGI    It is just a example for my DIY build..

So i come up with the Quickie Q2 during my buddy own a DragonFly and he try to get it in the air. After his request I create some 3D files for him on Autodesk Inventor 3D and bring it on the CNC mill too.

I get in touch with Quickheads where I buy a Q2 package , pay for it with PayPal and in the end I get nothing, ask the website owner couple times for support during use the contact button. Nothing show up. Paypal is involved in the case. .  I was at Forum Taurus, Forum Canard, on Dave Morris site, on https://imageevent.com/qdf_files/quickiefiles   , and on http://hiwaay.net/~bzwilson/dragonfly/drawings.html and on http://jdfinley.com/file-downloads/quickie-aircraft-documents/  and catch all files that are available. Include the Lessons learned paper.

So my investigation is on going, because I want to build up a 3D model of Quicke Q2 and start a homebuild project by use my own molds.

I ask some companys in the US that are owner of the mold for a set of fuselage, but they want a couple of money include the shipping to Germany that I will spend it in my own DIY 5 Axis CNC mill and material to produce my own molds.

If there is any one that are able to spend me the plans for the bulkhead and so on, I will share my DXF files with that community, for sure. Because is a mess that this wonderull piece of aircraft will Die if no one will catch up the plans, build up DXF files and safe for the further homebuilders.

Best regards form Germany

Eugen