Re: Watch “Dr. Steve’s first solo flight in his Q2 - 1989” on Vimeo

Corbin

That was a bit frightening to watch.

Jim - I can relate....I brought mine to a 7,000ft x 150ft runway to finish off my training and solo (600ft msl).

Corbin

On April 9, 2020 at 9:40 AM, "John Hoxie via groups.io" <hoxdesigns@...> wrote:

Jim,

I would not have relished Dr. Steve's position landing on that short of runway, with obstacles at both ends without an airbrake. Do you know what the runway length was? Is he still flying currently? If I ever finish my Q, although my local runway is 4,200 feet in elevation, it's 9,200 feet long and 100 feet wide.

John Hoxie
He is no fool, who gives up what he can not keep, to gain what he can not loose -- Jim Elliot

On Thursday, April 9, 2020, 12:32:34 AM MDT, Jim Patillo <logistics_engineering@...> wrote:

I thought some of you newer guys might like to watch Dr. Steve K’s first solo flight in his Quickie. Definitely not a good way to start.

Jim
N46JP Q200

Sent from Outer Space

--