Correction, my runway is 150 feet wide.

John Hoxie
He is no fool, who gives up what he can not keep, to gain what he can not loose -- Jim Elliot

On Thursday, April 9, 2020, 08:50:33 AM MDT, Jim Patillo <logistics_engineering@...> wrote:

Hi John,

Steve passed away in 2010 as the highest time pilot in a Q with over 2,300 hours. Don’t know the runway length but I remember him as being Canadian.

Jim
N46JP Q200

Sent from Outer Space

From: main@Q-List.groups.io <main@Q-List.groups.io> on behalf of John Hoxie via groups.io <hoxdesigns@...>
Sent: Thursday, April 9, 2020 7:40:10 AM
To: main@Q-List.groups.io <main@Q-List.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [Q-List] Watch “Dr. Steve’s first solo flight in his Q2 - 1989” on Vimeo

Jim,

I would not have relished Dr. Steve's position landing on that short of runway, with obstacles at both ends without an airbrake. Do you know what the runway length was? Is he still flying currently? If I ever finish my Q, although my local runway is 4,200 feet in elevation, it's 9,200 feet long and 100 feet wide.

John Hoxie
He is no fool, who gives up what he can not keep, to gain what he can not loose -- Jim Elliot

On Thursday, April 9, 2020, 12:32:34 AM MDT, Jim Patillo <logistics_engineering@...> wrote:

I thought some of you newer guys might like to watch Dr. Steve K’s first solo flight in his Quickie. Definitely not a good way to start.

Jim
N46JP Q200

Sent from Outer Space