From: main@Q-List.groups.io <main@Q-List.groups.io> on behalf of Bruce Crain <jcrain2@...>
Sent: Thursday, April 9, 2020 8:31:54 AM
To: main@q-list.groups.io <main@q-list.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [Q-List] Ready for Spring Fling!!

I assume the distance from the left case half to the right case half plus you would need to drill that 4” or so distance to the right case half and then stop before you drilled into the right case half.  Then drill a smaller hole in the right half to accept the Heli-coil.  Then you would need to find a way to break off the little tang on the Heli-coil and remove it some way.
Have you known of a way to install the Heli-coil thru that distance?
Bruce

On Apr 8, 2020, at 10:25 PM, Jim Patillo <logistics_engineering@...> wrote:

Why did he have to pull the cases apart to install a heli-coil for a cylinder?

Jim
N46JP Q200

Sent from Outer Space

From: "Jim Patillo" <Logistics_engineering@...>
To: "main@Q-List.groups.io" <main@Q-List.groups.io>
Date: Thu, 9 Apr 2020 00:38:01 +0000

Thank you Bruce for all your help. I don�t have any heli-coils installed (yet). But I get what your saying. Will let you know when I get there.

Jim
N46JP Q200

Sent from Outer Space