Maybe you’re thinking of Henry Hallam’s electric Q1. I’ve seen it taxi on a video somewhere. It’s all gone quiet recently. I hope it’s still progressing behind the scenes.
I also have a Q1 that is the basis of an electric version, not for sale either. Sorry.

Tristan

On Apr 9, 2020, at 11:54 AM, Jay Scheevel <jay@...> wrote:

No, that was diffferent. The Sheehan one actually flew in the electric challenge that the Pipestral won. The one I am thinking of was a standard construction Q1 and was at Tehachapi. Sheehans was constructed entirely at Mojave. Two different planes.

Jay

From: main@Q-List.groups.io <main@Q-List.groups.io> On Behalf Of Robert Cringely
Sent: Thursday, April 09, 2020 12:37 PM
To: main@q-list.groups.io
Subject: Re: [Q-List] Q1 Project

That electric Q1 isn't a Q1, exactly. It's from Quickie founder Gene Sheehan and is a completely new design, all carbon fiber, and actually a bit smaller than a Q1. I doubt that it is for sale. MY Q1 is definitely not for sale.

On Thu, Apr 9, 2020 at 10:28 AM Jay Scheevel <jay@...> wrote:

There was a guy working on installing an electric motor in a Q1 (I think it was a university project) a few years ago. He had it in Tehachapi. Not sure if that was ever finished and/or is still there. Maybe that became the ill-fated twin jet Q1 at Mojave?  Maybe Mathew Curcio has some more updated news on whether that project may be available.