Re: Watch “Dr. Steve’s first solo flight in his Q2 - 1989” on Vimeo

Jim Patillo

My first flight was nothing like this and I’m sure many others experienced the same as me on their first flight, as it was a non event.

Apparently Steve didn’t have much if any complex or fast slick airplane time. As the old timers on this list know, it’s all about controlling speed and not over controlling the plane.
Every time he was too high and too fast and out of control. I’m just glad he finally got it and went on to put all those hours on his Q which I don’t believe has been matched to this day. I think Rene knew him well. He flew in the tribute flight to Steve.

Jim
N46JP Q200