From: main@Q-List.groups.io <main@Q-List.groups.io> On Behalf Of Jim Patillo
Sent: Monday, April 13, 2020 8:55 AM
To: main@Q-List.groups.io
Subject: Re: [Q-List] KITPLANES - September 2006 - Las Vegas Quickie

Joe,

N46JP has a 740 lb. empty weight and 1325 lb. gross weight which I established during flight tests.

It has an O200 that has been been pumped up from 6:7.1 to 9:4.1 with ceramic coated Lycon pistons and polished, ported and flow balanced Millinum cylinders. The plane has dual Lightspeed Plasma III ignitions, (no mags) and a reflexor which balances loads in flight. Engine has a 4 into 1 ceramic coated exhaust.

The plane has a 15 gallon main tank, 5 gallon header tank and removable 6.5 gallon Aux tank for long cross country trips.

When the plane is loaded to gross, the cg shifts full aft to the rear of the envelope, making the plane very light on the controls. On a long cross country I typically burn off about 30 minutes of fuel, then start transferring fuel from the Aux  tank in the storage area behind the pax to the main tank. The cg moves forward and the control feel returns to normal.Hope that clears it up for you.

Jim

N46JP Q200