Re: Reg’s Expresdo

Robert Cringely

I was going to buy a Vari-EZ a number of years ago but I still wasn't comfortable after an hour of takeoffs and landings so I walked away from the deal. I just couldn't keep my wrist from flaring. Yet when it came time to fly my Quickie (Q1) there was no problem. I just told myself it was a taildragger and I was doing a wheel landing. I had 2800 hours before flying my first tricycle aircraft so that psychological trick was easy once I thought of it.

On Tue, Apr 14, 2020 at 2:09 PM One Sky Dog via groups.io <Oneskydog=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
They just do not teach canard flying in pilot training. Pilots think single engine land I can fly that and do not understand what they are gettin into.

On Apr 14, 2020, at 12:29 PM, Jim Patillo <Logistics_engineering@...> wrote:

Hey Reg,

I’m very sorry to hear about your beautiful “Expresso”.

This is a story that is getting real old and one that keeps repeating itself.  I for one am getting tired of
”Know It All’s” buying our beautiful totally proven airplanes and smashing and destroying them on the first or second flight. The people that successfully transition to the Q or Dragonfly’s are the ones that LISTEN and don’t keep telling you what they don’t know. These planes could have had much better resale value if this wasn’t happening. I don’t care if you fly a 150 or a 767, this airplane has to be respected or it can kick your ass.

Maybe I will just cut mine up when the time comes.
Jim
N46JP Q200