Re: Oil return tubes

Bruce Crain

I like the looks of the JayCee oil return tubes!  Bruce

On Apr 26, 2020, at 9:14 AM, Bruce Crain <jcrain2@...> wrote:

Sweet!  Hope it doesn’t take long.  The best flying weather is here!
Bruce

On Apr 25, 2020, at 8:10 PM, Dave Dugas via groups.io <davedq2@...> wrote:

Bruce
They are JayCee pushrod tubes, spring loaded and good reviews too. I have them on now and I'm going to redo them....new O rings. They look like yours.

On Sat, Apr 25, 2020 at 7:54 PM, Bruce Crain
<jcrain2@...> wrote:
Maybe you could have a machinist help you produce return oil tubes like the ones in my picture.  It's been awhile since I flew a VW so I can't remember how they are configured.  My VW didn't like me very much so I am in awe of you expertise!
Bruce

---------- Original Message ----------
From: "Dave Dugas via groups.io" <davedq2@...>
To: "main@Q-List.groups.io" <main@Q-List.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [Q-List] Oil return tubes
Date: Sat, 25 Apr 2020 22:58:32 +0000 (UTC)

Looks good Bruce. I'll be redoing the pushrod tubes on the Remaster for my annual. Mine leak a bit too...... I hate oil leaks.
Dave D

On Sat, Apr 25, 2020 at 6:21 PM, Bruce Crain
<jcrain2@...> wrote:
I installed the port oil return tubes several months ago and just recently fixed an oil seep around the left front cylinder base thru bolts and was bragging about how I don’t have any oil on the belly of my TrQ 200.
Then I noticed the starboard side of the belly started to have a small stream of oil on it.  So I pulled the cowl and the older model oil return tubes were seeping a bit.
So today I replaced the last 4 oil return tubes on the starboard side.  Hoping for the best.
In the mean time while I have the exhaust off on the starboard side I took it into a welder to weld little bumps on the pipe inside the cockpit heat muff to make more heat inside the cockpit.  Hoping to get it back in the air next week and see how everything works out!
Stay tuned!

Bleach Peddler: I Wrote Trump About Coronavirus 'Cure'
Anderson Cooper Says 'He Wrote a Note,' Almost Loses It
Kim Jong Un Is Said to Be 'Vegetative' or Dead

<Untitled>