Re: Q2 Project

Dave Hudak

Hi Brad, 
Any chance I could get a copy of what you have drawn thus far? I have a Q2 that I rebuilt years ago with a Subaru 1.8 liter, then crashed. I need to replace the canard and firewall and thought maybe a new drawing would help get me going on the the effort.  So any SolidWorks drawing would be much appreciated. 
The bird has been hanging from the ceiling since 2005 and I finally have the house at a point where I can think about the QBird......200 hours of the most fun I have ever had in an airplane!
Dave

On Apr 27, 2020, at 5:01 PM, sky_kid1080 <fly-boy1080@...> wrote:

I have some of the plane drawn up in solidworks I’d be willing to team up with someone and get it finished up. I have my own Q2 to finish and I like to do things right the first time. Sorry I know this is an older message and I don’t respond often.

Thanks,
Brad

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Sent: Friday, April 24, 2020 3:42 PM
To: main@Q-List.groups.io
Subject: Re: [Q-List] Q2 Project

If you read the part of the plans about installing the bulkheads, they allow the builder to vary the angle and size of that bulkhead to compensate for pilot size. There is also some variation allowed in the forward/back position of the main tank for the same reason.  I would just suggest rotating the base of the bulkhead backward until it intersects the fuselage. The original plan required a lot of cutting and fitting. The 4 fuselage shells were oversized and needed to be trimmed and there were no marks to help the builder do this, only small drawings. There was a lot of work involved to get a good fit between fuselage and bulkheads. No two of these planes are identical once they are complete.

From: main@Q-List.groups.io <main@Q-List.groups.io> On Behalf Of Eugen Pilarski
Sent: Friday, April 24, 2020 1:21 PM
To: main@Q-List.groups.io
Subject: Re: [Q-List] Q2 Project

Yup, that’s right. Do you have a angel between the seat bulkhead top und bottom? Not sure which angle they should? Something else between 130° and 150° maybe?

Eugen

Am 24.04.2020 um 20:28 schrieb Jay Scheevel <jay@...>:

Your seatback bulkhead (the inclined portion) needs to intersect the bottom of the fuselage. 

Cheers,

Jay

From: main@Q-List.groups.io <main@Q-List.groups.io> On Behalf Of Eugen Pilarski
Sent: Friday, April 24, 2020 12:16 PM
To: main@Q-List.groups.io
Subject: Re: [Q-List] Q2 Project

Here we go :-)

<image001.png>

<image002.png>

Join main@Q-List.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.