Re: Update: Faucet Fuel Pump Ticking Sound w/ Plenty of Fuel

Larry

If it ain’t clinking it ain’t working

From: main@Q-List.groups.io <main@Q-List.groups.io> on behalf of Adam hied <hiedadam@...>
Sent: Wednesday, April 29, 2020 8:20:56 AM
To: main@q-list.groups.io <main@q-list.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [Q-List] Update: Faucet Fuel Pump Ticking Sound w/ Plenty of Fuel

Hey Corbin I have one in my dragonfly. It ticks and clicks too, but transfers just fine. They all do it. I just look at it as reassurance that it’s running.

On Apr 29, 2020, at 9:28 AM, Corbin via groups.io <c_geiser@...> wrote:

I couldn't find my previous thread on this so thought  I would start a new one.  My transfer pump (Faucet), when running with  plenty of fuel in the main tank, now clicks/ticks just like when the fuel is low (air).  To be sure it wasn't the fuel pump starting to fail, I went ahead and replaced it with a new one since that is a cheap and easy process.  However, the new one also clicks/ticks.  It seems to be pumping plenty of fuel as it will quickly start to return from the header, as normal.

So, it seems the next thing to check for is air in the lines somewhere......but how/where  do I start on that?

--

Corbin
N33QR