Re: Update: Faucet Fuel Pump Ticking Sound w/ Plenty of Fuel

Jay Scheevel

It may be that there is a little bubble trapped in the pump after the replacement that cannot get out. Try tilting the plane in each axis while the pump is running and see if it fixes it. Alternatively, fly it up really high and run the pump, since the bubble will expand up there and may purge. You can stop by and visit my while you are up there ūüėä

From: main@Q-List.groups.io <main@Q-List.groups.io> On Behalf Of Corbin via groups.io
Sent: Wednesday, April 29, 2020 11:33 AM
To: main@Q-List.groups.io
Subject: Re: [Q-List] Update: Faucet Fuel Pump Ticking Sound w/ Plenty of Fuel

Well, I think I am just baffled because the Faucet pump (same model) I had before did not tick like this unless fuel was low.  Then it started ticking all of a sudden and the replacement one does  too.  I am actually not too concerned about fuel flow as it is clearly pumping faster than fuel going from header to the engine.

Corbin Ge!ser

On April 29, 2020 at 11:57 AM, Jim Patillo <Logistics_engineering@...> wrote:

Corbin as you may know the Facet pump does make a ticking noise when pumping. Since you are concerned with the new one, hook up a line to the output side of the pump and flow it to a can. If you are flowing 1.5 -2 times the required fuel burn you should be good to go.

You may also want to stand the pump off the canard with rubber. That limits the noise transfer to the canard.

Jim

N46JP Q200

Sent from Outer Space