Re: First Q-List Zoom meeting - featuring Kevin Boddicker

Mike Dwyer

I like it.  Great idea!
Mike Q200 N3QP

On Sun, May 17, 2020, 4:26 PM Sam Hoskins <sam.hoskins@...> wrote:
Please join Kevin Boddicker and myself for our first Q-List Zoom meeting, to take place at this Saturday, 9:00 am,  May 23, Central Daylight Savings Time, USA (GMT-5). Kevin will broadcast from his hangar and give us a tour of his beautiful TriQ-200. The connection link is at the bottom of this email.

I was thinking that this might be a great way for members of this group to show their Quickie projects, either in the shop or flying. In the allotted time, Quickie enthusiasts could show their aircraft, then maybe have a question and answer session. Zoom has a feature where you can submit questions via chat.

The way we envision it, we would have an aircraft or shop tour, on a somewhat regular (monthly, semi-monthly?) by someone taking their smartphone or computer to the hangar and give us all a tour. With the freebie Zoom app we are limited to 100 participants and 40 minutes of air time, which I think are good numbers.  And by the way, I will be looking for more volunteers to show off their projects.

Zoom conferencing is supposed to work without using their app, but seems to function better with it installed. You can get the download here:

Here are some general guidelines.

    • Do not log in until 08:59.
    • Leave your mic on mute.  It is up to you if you want to use your video or not.
    • You may ask Kevin questions via the Zoom chat function. (Do not use your mic). You will send them to me, then I’ll pass on to Kevin. For more info: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/203650445-In-Meeting-Chat
    • Zoom automatically stops the meeting after 40 minutes have elapsed.

We are new to this, so please forgive the rough edges.

Sam Hoskins is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.

Topic: First Q-List Zoom meeting - featuring Kevin Boddicker
Time: May 23, 2020 09:00 AM Central Time (US and Canada)

Join Zoom Meeting

Meeting ID: 737 2906 0184
Password: 8HNNHS