Re: Corvair Engine Mount Specs

Frankenbird Vern

Filed under Uncategorized. Thought for the Day video: Know your Machine. January 17, 2020 2 Comments. below is a link to the latest video in the “Thought for the Day” series. These do not have technical information, they are only meant to be thought provoking and provide a different perspective on Experimental Aviation.
flycorvair.net
 William has manufactured a few mounts for the Q200 and D-Fly. Contact him directly and perhaps consider the base mount he offers for the Corvair case as a foundation on your mount. 

I also will be using this engine on my project(s).  One unit is destined for undercowl a Cappela XS2 Light Sport I own (STOL). 

The other..a Q2 fuselage based tandem wing design...been built and flown before...known as a Frankenbird. 

Vern
Mannford Ok

From: main@Q-List.groups.io <main@Q-List.groups.io> on behalf of Jay Scheevel <jay@...>
Sent: Monday, June 8, 2020 2:14 AM
To: main@Q-List.groups.io <main@Q-List.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [Q-List] Corvair Engine Mount Specs

Jon Swenson has a corvair engine on his Tri-Q.

Cheers,
Jay

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE DROID

Sam Hoskins <sam.hoskins@...> wrote:

The only Corvair in a Q-2 I know about was Joseph Snow. He cracked his up on his first flight, it was basically underpowered. Maybe Richard Kazmerick knows of others. 

On Sun, Jun 7, 2020, 5:56 PM Lawrence Wade <lawrencewade@...> wrote:
I am looking for measurements and drawings for construction of an engine mount for a corvair engine on the Q-200.  I know several have been constructed and would appreciate the contact information for those members if they are part of this group.

Larry Wade
941-773-8904

Join main@Q-List.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.