Re: Field Of Dreams Question

Paul Fisher

I've still got the award for the best Q-200 at the 1991 swarming.  I was in fact the ONLY Quickie type aircraft at the Dragonfly swarming that year.  But hey an award is an award!!

Those days in Ottawa were great fun.  There are fewer people in Enid, but it's still great fun!!

Paul Fisher
Q-200 N17PF

On Tue, Jun 16, 2020, 13:12 Spud Spornitz <spudspornitz@...> wrote:
September 20, 21 & 22 1991 was the first year at Ottawa, KS.

1992 (2nd) was the big year as we had 26 Tandems attend all together. 12 Dragonflies and 24 Quickies

Regards, Spud

On Tue, Jun 16, 2020 at 12:29 PM Jon Finley <jd@...> wrote:
This might make for some fun reminiscing.... I remember talking about this last year but don't recall the verdict.

I flew my Q1 (Rotax 503 powered at that time) from Helena, MT to the 1992 event at Ottawa, KS (and picked up Bob Bounds in his sissy pink Rotax 503 Q1 enroute).  As I recall, it was the second year of the primarily Dragonfly event organized by Spud Spornitz.  That doesn't quite mesh with 30 years and I'm certainly not going to argue with Alan!!  So, I betting I got something wrong - maybe that was the third year for DF's??

--
Very Best Regards,

Spud Spornitz

Kansas Automotive Specialties