Re: Old Video - Subaru Q2

Jon Finley

Thanks Joe! Wing root is another place for improvement. Both wing and canard to fuselage intersections are tough due to the diverging angles. I think it was Bob Farnum that took some interesting photos of the bellies of several jets at OSH (long ago). I suspect the secret to a few kts might exist in those photos.  Several of us also did some oil flow testing. I'm sure (??) Sam did so on his speedy machine.  Mine were horrible, as already shown, but that (oil) is another way to get some fairly good info - particularly if you don't have someone to fly and video for you. It is messy though!! :-)

Jon Finley
Somewhere in the Southwest flying an RV-4