Re: How Much Cable Play between Rudder and Tailwheel in Q2?

Joe Hood

Oh, that makes sense: I did have weight on the tailwheel. And the build instructions do show springs wrapped around.

Thanks!

On Sun, Jun 21, 2020 at 09:26 Bruce Crain <jcrain2@...> wrote:
Is thy that with the tail wheel off of the ground?  The tail spring flex will perhaps make it tighter when the load is off.  You can take the slack off the cable by putting a couple of springs from one cable to the other which pulls them together in the middle.  As you push the rudder peddles left and right the springs move with them.  Hope this is clear as mud.
Bruce

On Jun 20, 2020, at 7:35 PM, Joe Hood <joe.hood@...> wrote:

I have about a half inch of play in relationship to my tail wheel. This is still pre-Six pack, so cable comes from wheel to rudder. I haven't figured out where in the plans this number might be, anyone know?