Re: How Much Cable Play between Rudder and Tailwheel in Q2?

John Hoxie

I have to complete the six pack too.

On Sun, Jun 21, 2020 at 8:38 AM, Joe Hood
<joe.hood@...> wrote:
I intend to complete the six pack, once I get the plane back to Michigan.

On Sun, Jun 21, 2020 at 10:26 Sam Hoskins <sam.hoskins@...> wrote:
Bruce is correct, you have to adjust the cable to the rudder with the tailwheel spring unloaded. If the cable is too loose, you can encounter rudder flutter at the higher speeds.  This is unnerving, as it shakes the crap out of the entire aircraft.

Joe, take a look at my recent Q-Tour video. The stock tailwheel/cable setup is not good.  I talk about it a little here and how I improved it.  https://youtu.be/yAqjcTAcHTw?t=1758
The stock method is a shitty design.

Regards,

Sam

.

On Sat, Jun 20, 2020 at 7:35 PM Joe Hood <joe.hood@...> wrote:
I have about a half inch of play in relationship to my tail wheel. This is still pre-Six pack, so cable comes from wheel to rudder. I haven't figured out where in the plans this number might be, anyone know?