Re: Seat Tank Fuel Gauge

Corbin

Oh man, so putting weights on didn’t compress them so I opened up the left one and cut down the foam 50%.  I’m hoping after the “cut down” foam compresses then I can add back the rest.  I left the right seat one alone.

Corbin

On Jun 22, 2020, at 8:34 PM, Jay Scheevel <jay@...> wrote:

Corbin, did you get your seat cushions smashed down?

"Corbin via groups.io" <c_geiser@...> wrote:

Pics of mine attached...fuel gauge Up on panel for 15 gallon main and sight gauge for 5 gallon header.

<image0.jpeg>
<image1.jpeg>

Corbin

On Jun 22, 2020, at 7:42 PM, Jay Scheevel <jay@...> wrote:

I have the dial mechanical gauge, like Sam’s. I also have a capacitance gauge. The dial gauge will be difficult to install after the fact, without getting a lot of contamination (fiberglass and foam dust) into the tank that will have to late be removed from your fuel filter. I would suggest repairing the floating tube gauge that you have, or putting a capacitance gauge in that same location. Just my two cents.

Cheers,

Jay Scheevel, Tri-Q2, N8WQ 96 hours