Re: Q-2 construction

John Hoxie

I've done it myself with the tail section, engine & canopy all off and instro panel out. Be careful you don't sit it on your fuel vent box ram air tube, like I did if you have one.

On Fri, Jul 17, 2020 at 3:32 PM, Jim Patillo
<Logistics_engineering@...> wrote:
John,

Your plan will work but I would suggest finding 2 or 3 people to help you flip it. That way you have much better control than strapping it to a forklift and possibly damaging the fiberglass.

From: main@Q-List.groups.io <main@Q-List.groups.io> on behalf of John Lewis <john@...>
Sent: Friday, July 17, 2020 1:53 PM
To: main@q-list.groups.io <main@q-list.groups.io>
Subject: [Q-List] Q-2 construction

Greetings,

I am new to the group, but I could use some wisdom.  My Q-2 is basically complete with wheels and brakes and all, but I need to work on the bottom.  The engine is off.  Any great ideas for how to turn the beast over without harming it?  I am pretty isolated out in the country, so plans that involve a dozen friends are not very practical.  I have some 2 X 4's screwed to the engine mount and was planning to roll it over on its nose, and I do have a forklift.  Thanks in advance.

John Lewis