Re: Coughlin Brake Mount Drawings

Sam Hoskins

Gee, that must have been 15 years ago or more.  I'm sure I added the curve to save weight on the part. As far as the inside bracket, I don't really remember, but I do know that these parts are working very well for me. I'm not sure where I have the procedure documented, but an important item is to have the mounting plate parallel to the brake disc.  You do this by installing all the parts, then applying brake pressure.  This forces the mounting plate into alignment.  Then you stuff flox between the wheelpant and the mounting plate.  Worked great for the two systems I installed.

Sam

On Wed, Aug 5, 2020 at 9:25 AM Michael <dunningme@...> wrote:
Sam,

Do you remember why you chose the external curves that you did on your version of the Coughlin brake mounts? I attempted to redraw your design in Fusion 360 but I didn't have all the dimensions I needed. Did you have to make your "Inside Bracket" smaller than the original Plate No. 1 for some reason?

For now, I went with the original version from Q-talk 27 but it's missing some of the radii dimensions as well. Cut to fit, I suppose. At any rate, I think my original copy has the 1/8 inch graph lines still on it...will update when I learn more.

--
-MD
#2827 (still thinking about planning on visualizing how to finish building)

Join main@Q-List.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.